Let us first know what reverse phone lookup is. Suppose we have received a call on our mobile from an unknown number and we want to see the origin of the number without dialing back or responding to the dialer, reverse phone lookup technique can be used. These days, we also have apps to detect the unknown numbers like True Caller. We have many alerts from the banks and security organizations warning about fraudulent calls from specific numbers that track our data automatically without our knowledge. http://www.reversephonelookup.org website can be referred for a detailed script on reverse phone lookup.
We can just type the number in a directory or search engine to track it. We have various search engines available, but Google is the ultimate one offering authentic information and keeps track of millions and billions of numbers. A list of bogus numbers is also available on Google. To know how the lucrative business of the fraud numbers is operated, one can have a glance through www.royalgazette.com/crime/article/20180131/warning-over-bogus-phone-calls site.
The role of Google in reverse phone lookup:
Google had a phonebook operator till 2010, but it was shut down as many people raised complaints after finding their numbers on the phone book index. They felt that it was an invasion of their privacy. This step had made tracking a bit congenital. In spite of this step, the Google search engine is efficient in tracking numbers especially the fraudulent ones.
The procedure of the phone lookup:
1) The phone number with the area code has to be typed into the search box.
2) The number might be listed in various phone dictionaries at multiple places. Spotting and sorting out the number is a bit difficult task.
3) If the number is associated with any business, then it will show up in the first five spots.
4) If the number is a private number, then the address of the person will not show up. But, if the person is a member of any networking site, then there are chances of the details showing up.
5) Addresses can also be found using Google. The person’s full name and zip code if known should be typed in the search bar. But, this will be a success only if the person has put up his/her details as public.
6) If the search is successful, it will yield the address, phone number, name and the map showing the directions to the home of the particular person.
But most of the mobile numbers and unlisted numbers will not show up in the search results. But the method of finding numbers on Google is not entirely foolproof. Some sites ask you to pay for searches of the numbers and addresses. Never trust these sites!
If your name is listed in Google, and you don’t want your information to be public, then you can remove your details from the internet. Google has a link that says Google Phonebook Name Removal. Following this link will extract the details from the Google but not from anywhere on the web.